Zamnesia’s Shroomshop offers a big selection on magic truffles, mushroom grow kits and spores along with essential accessories for easy mushroom cultivation at home. We carry only the finest quality magic mushroom products at very low prices!
From magic mushroom grow kits to magic truffles, magic mushroom spores and grow media, our Magic Mushroom section has everything the modern psi-bernautical explorer could wish for. The section for those who prefer fungal farming to chemical pharming.
At Zamnesia, we are passionate about magic mushrooms. Hence, we’ve created this shroom shop to help people from all across the world cultivate high-quality mushrooms in the comfort of their own home.
Our shroom shop features a wide variety of products, including everything from professional grow kits for mushrooms and truffles to accessories such as spore syringes, prints, or even basic grow equipment like heat mats and misting bottles.
We pride ourselves on only stocking the highest quality equipment from trusted brands, such as Supa Gro, Fresh Mushrooms, and Mush Magic. We also stock our own line of Zamnesia grow kits designed by our in-house mushroom specialists (MushMush).
For a full selection of all our products, start browsing our shop today. For more information about magic mushrooms, truffles, and our products, keep reading.
Magic mushrooms are a special kind of mushroom treasured for their ability to produce strong psychedelic effects.
The most common kind of magic mushrooms fall under the Psilocybe genus. This genus encompasses over 200 different varieties of mushrooms, all of which contain psilocybin, the main compound responsible for producing psychedelic effects (such as hallucinations and altered perceptions) in the human brain.
Some of the most popular varieties of Psilocybin mushrooms include:
- B+: B+ is a very popular mushroom strain, treasured for its potency and the size of its fruit. With some grow kits producing harvests in as little as 2 weeks, this is a great strain for novice growers looking to produce potent mushrooms with little experience.
- Ecuador: Originating from the Andean region of Ecuador, this strain is renowned for its resilience, making it another popular choice for new cultivators. While this strain doesn’t produce massive yields, it is very predictable and easy to work with.
- Hawaiian: Psilocybe cubensis Hawaiian is mushroom variety known for producing large flushes and big fruits. Contrary to popular belief, this strain didn’t originate in Hawaii (there are no reports of naturally growing mushrooms in Hawaii). However, the first company to sell this strain was supposedly based in Honolulu.
- Golden Teacher: The Golden Teacher is a classic strain of magic mushroom that first made its debut in the 1980s. It produces large, gold-coloured mushrooms that are treasured for producing especially insightful trips.
While the exact origins of magic mushrooms is highly debated, evidence suggests that the use of psychedelic mushrooms dates back thousands of years.
One of the most renowned pieces of archaeological evidence supporting this theory is an ancient painted rock mural discovered by Italian ethnobotanist Giorgio Samorini in 1992 in the Sahara Desert.
The mural, dating back to somewhere between 7000 and 9000 BCE, depicts a variety of mushrooms speculated to be psilocybe mairei, a psychoactive mushroom species native to Algeria and Morocco.
A large body of evidence also suggests that ancient cultures in mesoamerica, especially the Aztecs, used magic mushrooms as part of spiritual ceremonies.
The Aztecs referred to mushrooms as teonanácatl, which literally translates to “god mushroom.” The act of taking mushrooms was known as monanacahuia, meaning to "mushroom oneself".
Detailed accounts of the use of mushrooms and other entheogens by the Aztecs can be found in The Florentine Codex, a comprehensive study of Mesoamerican cultures written by Spanish Franciscan friar Bernardino de Sahagún.
Truffles and mushrooms are harvested from the same organism and produce the same effects. However, to better understand the difference between magic truffles and magic mushrooms, we need to first understand how a mushroom grows.
Mushrooms are a fungus, meaning they grow from spores usually in the ground or decaying plant material, such as old logs.
The heart of a fungus is mycelium. This is the vegetative part of the fungus and is made up of fine, thread-like fibers known as hyphae.
When the conditions are just right, a fungus will bloom similar to a flower. These blooms are the mushrooms that we harvest.
Truffles, on the other hand, are actually the sclerotia of a fungus. The sclerotia is a compact mass of hardened mycelium that lays dormant underground and acts as a food reserve should the fungus experience unfavorable conditions.
The Zamnesia Shroom Shop contains hundreds of products, ranging from grow kits to basic equipment. Here are some of our most popular products:
- Zamnesia Moby Dick Grow Kit: A cross of Albino A+ and Golden Teacher, the Moby Dick is a powerful strain of magic mushroom. It features a unique lack of pigmentation in the caps, giving the fruit a distinct white colour from top to bottom. This kit, designed by our very own team of shroom experts, contain a mix of perlite (to aid in water retention), a colonized rye cake, and a casing layer of vermiculite. They are ready to grow, meaning all you need is a bit of patience and a spray bottle and you’ll soon be on your way to growing your very own Moby Dick mushrooms at home.
- Utopia Magic Truffles: The psilocybe utopia is an extremely powerful mushroom strain treasured for its potency. While this strain is generally only recommended for experienced users, it is renowned for producing powerful and insightful trips. Available in 15 gram packs, these truffles are ready to enjoy and can be stored (unopened) in the fridge for roughly 2 months.
- Supa Gro B+ Grow Kit: As we mentioned earlier, the B+ is a popular mushroom strain known for being potent and producing large yields. This 100% mycelium kit is free of any filler products (such as perlite or vermiculite), promising to produce up to 7 flushes of high-quality mushrooms in the right conditions. These kits are ready to grow the minute they appear on your doorstep and come complete with a basic grow bag.
- Psilocybe Hollandia: The psilocybe hollandia is a new strain developed in the Netherlands by one of the county’s leading truffle producer. Offering extremely high potency, these 15 gram packs can easily produce 2 trips and can be stored (unopened) for up to 2 months in the fridge. Once opened, mushrooms need to be consumed within 48 hours.
The legal status of psilocybe mushrooms varies around the world, meaning we cannot ship to all countries.
Zamnesia ships to all countries within the EU. For more information about the laws in your country, please check with your local authority.
Cultivating mushrooms is legal in certain parts of the world. Again, for precise information about the laws in your area, check with your local authority.
Zamnesia does not encourage anyone to grow mushrooms or involve in any other activity which may be against the laws of their country.
Fresh mushrooms usually need to be consumed within 2 days. Some of our fresh truffles, however, can be conserved in their unopened packages in the fridge for up to 2 months.
Fresh mushrooms can be dried and conserved in a vacuum -sealed bag for longer periods of time. For more information, check out our previous article on how to dry magic mushrooms.