Recipe: Cannabis Infused Hot Apple Cider
That feeling of shrinking back into a warm winter coat will have never felt so good. This beverage is a must try for any canna-connoisseurs out there who are looking to liven up their festive frivolities.
There's nothing nicer than the warming energy of a hot drink unwinding through your body to stave off a bitingly cold Winter's day or combat a blustering and nippy Autumn. Hot apple cider has been a traditional way of bolstering the body against the chillier seasons for ages and we can see why. It works like a dream! With the sweetness of the apples, the intriguing festive spices and the hearty cider kick, each mug is sure to introduce a little sunshine into those otherwise gloomy months. The only way to make it better? Cannabis, of course! And our recipe here is assured to bring a healthy glow into your cheeks.
This recipe requires the use of a cannabis tincture. We have a handy recipe showing you how to make your own.
YOU WILL NEED:
8 Cups of cider
Some cinnamon sticks
1/4th of a cup of brown sugar
Half a teaspoon of ground all spice
A teaspoon of whole cloves
1/8 of a cup of cannabis tincture
- Some grated nutmeg breathes life into the mixture
- Thin slices of Apple and Orange added in can improve the flavour and can really give the drink a traditional rustic appeal
- Peeled slices of ginger are great for just a touch of extra heartiness to each warming cup
1. Pour the apple cider into the Crock-pot.
2. Add your cinnamon sticks, cloves, ginger and fruit to the mixture.
3. Wrap your spices in the cheesecloth, tie up the bundle and add to the pot.
4. Mix in the cannabis tincture and brown sugar.
5. With the heat on high, bring the mixture to a boil and heat for one hour.
6. Squeeze the cheesecloth and remove it from the pot. Leave the pot on to keep your drink toasty.
7. Sprinkle on some grated nutmeg and enjoy hot!
Written by: Guest Writer
|Find out about our writers|