How to Make Cannabis Ice Cream
It‘s just a perfect combination; a sweet cone of ice cream with a green buzz. We‘ve put together a simple recipe to create this culinary wonder – which is sure to to delight everyone‘s taste buds.
If you want to avoid cow milk it‘s easy to make a vegan version of the cannabis ice cream by just swapping out the dairy products with their vegan equivalents. Depending on what you use, it might change the consistency and taste a bit, but it will turn out well.
Before we get going, a quick note on decarboxylation - yes, that word again. But it‘s important: heating cannabis is crucial for any cannabis cooking. If the cannabis is not sufficiently heated before use, the THC within it will not become active. Raw cannabis contains THCA, which does not get you high. It is the process of heating cannabis that turns THCA into THC, its psychoactive counterpart.
To make sure the ice creams does its job, you should heat the cannabis before cooking it into this recipe. This is known as decarboxylated cannabis. To do this, place your oven on its lowest setting, about 115 degrees Celsius, but be sure the temperature doesn‘t get any higher! Place your cannabis in for at least 30 minutes. It will smell like cannabis is cooking, but no worries, the THC will not be damaged or lost at this temperature. Quite to the opposite, the heat will ensure that the cannabis is active and ready for action. Obviously, you do not need to do this prior to smoking or vaporizing, as the flame or heat in the vaporizer takes care of that part.
5 grams of hash, or 10 grams of finely ground bud
500ml of heavy cream
A pinch of salt
400 grams of banana
75 grams of sugar or alternative sweetener
3 tablespoons of rum
2 tablespoons of butter
5 tablespoons of honey
Feel free to add any other ingredient that compliments banana and honey, such as nuts or cookies etc.
1. Pour the cream into a saucepan and heat in on a medium heat until it begins to simmer.
2. At the same time, place your butter, sugar and salt into a second pan on medium heat, stirring them as they melt.
3. Crumble the decarboxylated and finely ground cannabis into the butter mixture, continuing to stir and heat.
4. Whisk the cream into your butter mixture.
5. Mash up your banana in a large bowl.
6. Once your banana is a paste, add the cream mixture, rum, honey, and any other ingredient you want to be in the ice cream into the bowl.
7. Mix everything together thoroughly until the entire mixture has a paste like consistency.
8. Place the mixture in the freezer for a few hours, until it begins to have a mushy consistency.
9. Take the bowl and pour the mixture into another container, such as an old ice cream tub.
10. Whisk the mixture until it is smooth again.
11. Place the lid on the container and place back in the freezer until it is firm.
There you have it! You have successfully made your own cannabis ice cream, ready to enjoy at your discretion. It is a tasty and sweet treat perfect for a warm summer night. As with any cannabis cooking recipe, the amount of cannabis put into the mix is very subjective, you can but in more or less to suit your own needs – and make sure your cannabis is properly decarboxylated!