How To Make Cannabis Chocolate
Theobroma cacao is the main ingredient of chocolate and means „food of the gods“. Naturally, this goes well with another gift from the gods: cannabis. Here is a recipe for true celestial pleasure - cannabis chocolate.
This is a very simple recipe that will guarantee satisfying results even for the novice cannabis cook. However, it is important to understand that unless cannabis is decarboxylated („heated“) at some point in a recipe, it will not be psychoactive when consumed.
Decarboxylation is the process of heating cannabis so that the raw THCA in the cannabis is turned into psychoactive THC. This happens naturally when cannabis is smoked or vaporized, but needs to be done manually when following certain recipes that do not involve much or any baking.
To decarboxylate cannabis, heat your oven to as close to 115 degrees Celsius as it can get, and place your cannabis in there for at least 30 minutes. This will surely activate the THC and make sure the bud delivers. You may smell your cannabis as it bakes, but do not worry - the cannabinoids are not getting damaged.
To make cannabis chocolate you will need:
3-5 grams of finely ground cannabis (adjust as desired)
100 grams of dark chocolate (regular bar or chocolate chips)
1. While your cannabis is decarboxylating (see above), you can start melting you chocolate.
To do this gently without burning it, it‘s best to melt the chocolate by steam. Don‘t worry, it‘s easy to improvise:
Place your glass bowl on top of the saucepan, making sure it does not come into contact with the water. To accomplish this, the glass bowl must be big enough to rest on the rim of the sauce pan. This will ensure that the chocolate is heated gently by steam, not by direct contact with boiling water.
2. Place your chocolate into the glass bowl and allow it to melt, stirring occasionally.
3. Mix your decarboxylated cannabis into the melted chocolate. Make sure the bud is ground as finely as you can get it.
4. Once it‘s all nicely mixed, pour the liquid chocolate into moulds to harden out. If you do not have any moulds, ice cube trays work just as well.
5. Once the mould is full, gently lift it about 10cm off the table and carefully let drop it back down. This will help to dislodge and remove any air bubbles that are trapped within the chocolate.
6. Put the moulds in the fridge until they have hardened.
Now you have successfully created cannabis chocolate, which can be eaten as it is, or used further for other recipes. As always with edibles, adjust the amount of cannabis as you desire, and wait at least 45 minutes for the effects to come on.