How To Make Cannabis Infused Chocolate Chip Muffins
We all hold cherished memories of freshly baked cakes wafting through the house when we were younger. Even the simplest sponge would taste infinitely better than anything we had, had before. Imagine that freshly baked sensation infused with your favourite herb, the aromas would be heavenly! Fast forward a few years and those childhood memories need no longer be memories. Cannabis infused cakes, brownies or cookies are more commonplace than they have ever been. Before you ask I know what you're going to say, “how can I get a 'slice' of that action?”, (see what I did there.......).
Well have no qualms, as always we've got you covered with some of the best cannabis muffin recipes around. Whilst your not likely to find these in your regular coffee house, that morning latte could taste so much better when accompanied with a delightful blueberry or banana cannabis muffin. Even for the novice baker the recipes are fairly simple, built around the use of cannabutter. If you haven't already, check out our guide on how to make your own cannabutter which can be used for not just these muffins but a whole host of culinary ventures.
The final thing to note is that cannabis ingested can be up to four times more potent, so before the lust for baked goods takes over it's worth waiting for the first muffin to be digested and absorbed into the body. Roughly an hour should be sufficient in allowing your body to absorb the THC in your cannabutter. It is also beneficial to use a strain you are familiar with and the high you wish to experience. Eating is all about indulgence so using your favourite cannabis strain with your favourite muffin recipe is a sure fire way to be riding those taste buds to a sublime high.
We are going to start with a banana cannabis muffin recipe but at the stage that the banana is added, virtually any accompaniment can be added. If you like it try it!
Muffin Pan (typically holds between 10 and 12 muffins)
Whisk / Hand Mixer
Toothpick or similar for checking the consistency of the muffin mix
1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
½ teaspoon of salt
3 bananas, mashed
¾ cup of white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup of your chosen cannabutter
1/3 cup of brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon of butter
1) Preheat the oven to 375F (190c). lightly grease your muffin pan. You can use normal butter for this or muffin papers if you have any to hand.
2) In your large bowl, mix together the 1 ½ cups of flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda,1 teaspoon of baking powder and ½ teaspoon of salt. Easiest to mix using a hand mixer but a whisk is also sufficient. Just ensure the mix has the same consistency throughout.
3) In the medium bowl, mix together 3 mashed bananas, ¾ cup of white sugar, 1egg and 1/3 cup of melted cannabutter. Combine the two mixtures into the large bowl until the resulting mix is moistened.
It is at this stage that you can substitute the banana for all manner of fillings. Chocolate chips, blueberries, lavender, if you can think of it (and its edible) then it can be added to your muffin mix.
4) Spoon your mixture into the muffin pan using your spatula, filling each cup roughly ¾ full.
5) In your small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and 1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon of butter until your mixture resembles course oatmeal. Sprinkle this topping over your muffins
6) Bake in the preheated oven for roughly 20 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out dry when inserted into the centre of your muffins
7) Finally, sit back and relax whilst your muffins cool off. Best enjoyed within a couple of days of baking or with friends. You can thank us later!
Written by: Josh
|Find out about our writers|
Top 10 Headshop
Rolling Tips Classic € 0.50
RAW Connoisseur Rolling Papers King Size + Tips € 1.99
Rolling Papers Juicy Jay's Flavored King Size € 1.75
Smart Start € 5.10
Rolling Papers Transparent Glass King Size € 1.00
Zamnesia Rolling Papers King Size + Tips € 1.39
Wiz Khalifa Rolling Papers King Size + Tips € 1.99
Buddies Torpedo Cone Tubes € 0.49
Zamnesia Silicone Oil Jar € 2.95
EHLE Glass Bong Mary Jane Intoxicator € 39.95
EHLE Glass Bong Couch Locker € 69.95
EHLE Glass Ice Bong Minus 42º € 75.95
Zamnesia Pot Marker (5 pcs) € 0.95
Cheech & Chong Glass Bong Framed (Colour Changing) € 139.00
Cheech & Chong Glass Bong Low Rider (Colour Changing) € 79.00
Metal Grinder 24K Gold (4 parts) € 17.95
Home brewing kit Brewbarrel € 29.99
Vertafort Organic Nutrition € 4.24
Grinder Pokeball € 14.95
EHLE Glass e.Tips for Actitube (3 pcs) € 20.95
Chewy Grinder € 50.00
Zamnesia Mr. Twister € 124.95
Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla) Buddy Pack € 0.99
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) Buddy Pack € 0.99