How To Make Cannabis-Infused Banana Bread
Bananas have a habit of ripening too quickly. It’s as if you only need look away momentarily before they are too ripe to eat. This is all well and good when you only have a few, but if you have bought more than you can handle, you quickly end up with an abundance that are slightly too ripe for comfort. Fortunately, they need not go to waste, bananas in this state are perfect for baking with – in fact, many buy bananas specifically to let them over ripen for baking! Making your own banana bread can be the perfect way to turn these bananas into a succulent and tasty treat, and when you get cannabis involved things can only get better. So here is our recipe for cannabis-infused banana bread!
Note: This recipe will require the use of cannabis butter (cannabutter). You can check out our recipe for making your own here.
2 cups of plain flour
1½-2 cups of mashed ripe banana
1 cup of chopped roasted pecans
½ cup of granulated sugar
¼ cup of honey
¼ cup of sour cream
3 tbsp. of cannabutter
3 tbsp. of regular unsalted butter
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
½ teaspoon of salt
2 large eggs
Optional: any other chopped nuts you may want – such as walnuts
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Grease a 23x13cm (roughly) bread pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine all of your flour, salt, sugar and baking soda. Mix it all until it reaches an even distribution.
3. In another mixing bowl, lightly beat your eggs. Add in the mashed banana, honey, sour cream, butter and vanilla essence.
4. Now is the time to combine the two bowls. Carefully fold all of the dry ingredients in with the wet, mixing them until they reach an even consistency.
5. Next, fold in the chopped up nuts. This can be any nuts you want, but pecans and walnuts work best.
6. Pour your mix into your bread pan and bake for roughly on hour, until golden brown. You can test the bread by stabbing it with a skewer. If it comes out clean, the bread is ready.
7. Allow the bread to momentarily cool in the pan for about 5-10 minutes, before transferring it to a wire rack to cool off completely.
You will now be left with a ready to eat cannabis-infused banana bread. You should be able to get 10-12 buzz inducing portions out of it, depending on how potent you made your butter. Remember, cannabis edibles can take 45-90 minutes to kick in. Enjoy!
Written by: Josh
|Find out about our writers|