Cannabis Infused Nutella: A Simple Recipe
Whether you have it on toast, in pancakes, on ice-cream, or just on its own, the hazelnut infused chocolate spread known as Nutella has become a household favourite for many. So we thought it would be a great idea to hit the kitchen and come up with a way to combine our love for cannabis with this tasty chocolate treat.
We have two recipes for you. One is very simple and quick, whilst the other will take a bit more work, but will be more rewarding. What you will require, no matter which you decide to use, is cannabis infused oil. You can find our recipe for making it here. Note: you can use a hazelnut oil instead of olive/coconut oil if you want to keep the taste super nutty!
RECIPE 1: STORE BOUGHT
This is the easy recipe, and requires very little time and effort.
Store bought Nutella
Cannabis infused oil
1. Place you Nutella in a mixing bowl.
2. Fold and stir in one dose of cannabis oil for each serving of Nutella. You want to mix it in until it has been evenly disrupted and melded into the chocolate.
3. Store in the fridge and enjoy!
RECIPE 2: FROM SCRATCH
This recipe, whilst still easy, is a bit more involved than the previous one, and will have you making some chocolate nut butter from scratch.
Vanilla bean paste
Optional: additional sugar
Note: if you can’t get hold of roasted hazelnuts, you can roast some raw ones yourself. To do this, you will need to shell them, then place them in a pre-heated oven (180 degrees Celsius) for 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can roast them, then shell them, whichever is easiest.
1. Place your nuts in a blender (yes, very funny).
2. Blend them for about 20 minutes, stopping every now and again to push down the nut that gets stuck on the side. You should eventually end up with an even nut butter/paste.
3. Pour the blended nuts into a bowl and stir in a dose of cannabis oil for every serving made. Generally 2 Tbsps. Counts as a serving.
4. Fold in your coco powder and vanilla bean paste. There is no set amount to use, so you will have to take it slowly, mixing it in and testing it until you reach the taste you like. You can also mix in additional sugar if you want it to be sweeter, but hazelnuts already contain a lot of natural sugar as it is.
5. Once you have evenly mixed everything together, store it in the fridge and enjoy at your leisure!
If roasting nuts is too much of a hassle, you can also use raw hazelnuts to create the nut butter, but it will have a much shorter lifespan in your fridge.
There you go! You can now know how to combine an all-time favourite with a bit of green! Eat it as it is, or use it as part of your cooking, everyone is sure to love it!