The Lemon Tek For a Faster Trip
Some psychonauts say that the magic of the truffles can be considerably enhanced using this technique. Essentially, the tek consists of turning your mushrooms or truffles into a lemon juice drink - but does it really turn up the high?
Commonly, psilocybin is considered the psychoactive compound in magic mushrooms and truffles. However, psilocybin by itself does not produce any mind altering effects. Psilocybin is a prodrug, which means it gets converted into another drug - psilocin. When mushrooms or truffles are ingested, the acid in the stomach naturally dephosphorylates the psilocybin into psilocin, its psychoactive form.
The science behind the lemon tek goes like this: the acid in the lemon jumpstarts the conversion of non-psychoactive psilocybin into psychoactive psilocin. This takes work off the stomach, which otherwise would need to do the conversion. As a consequence, the magic is absorbed faster, which means the trip comes on more quickly and harder.
What’s happening is that the lemon tek simply increases the absorption rate of the mushrooms or truffles. Instead of experiencing a gradual buildup and comedown, the effects are condensed into a shorter and more intense experience.
For some, the trip feels twice as strong, but others think it just comes on faster, not stronger. Until you know how your body reacts to the mix, it’s a good idea to start out with half the dose you would normally take.
Here’s how to make the lemon tek:
1. Grind your dry truffles or shrooms into a powder as fine as possible
2. Put the powder into a small glass
3. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice and mix with the powdered truffles (just enough to cover)
4. Leave it to mingle for 20 minutes, stirring every 5. (Don’t leave it any longer than this).
5. Drink the mixture in one go.
6. Put a small amount of water in the glass, swirl and drink to get any leftovers.
7. Fasten your seatbelt.
We’re curious to hear about your lemon tek experiences - please share in the comments section.