How to Make Space Cake
What’s a space cake?
Numerous medical cannabis dispensaries, as well as plenty of coffee shops in Amsterdam that have a knack for baking, carry space cakes, which are literally cakes, muffins, or pastries. The difference between space cakes and your average pastry is, obviously, the active THC content of the space cakes. Space cakes are baked using cannabutter, which is butter that’s been heated in a pan with marijuana leaves & buds mixed in then sifted out. The experience of eating a space cake, like most marijuana edibles, is intense, both cerebral and body-stone heavy, and extremely long lasting. The high, however, takes just as long as any edible to start onset as well – about an hour to an hour and a half – so don’t misjudge and eat more than you need.
What You Need
To bake a space cake, you’ll need the following ingredients in these amounts or the same proportions.
- 8 grams cannabis or equivalent of hash
- ½ cups milk
- 1¾ cups flour
- A cup of sugar
- A cup of non-salted butter
- 2 eggs
- And anything else you’d like if you want to spice up a plain cake: chocolate chips & peanut butter, mixed fruits (bluberry and lemon are great), cocoa for a chocolate cake, etc.
For cooking, you’ll also need:
- A cake pan
- A medium bowl (for mixing ingredients)
- A small plate or bowl
- Non-stick spray, oil, or equivalent
- An oven
- A microwave
- A toothpick
What You Do
(Note: This method of baking heats and activates the cannabutter while you are baking the other ingredients, essentially killing two birds with one stone. If you’re experienced in making cannabutter, you can vary the method to your tastes.)
- Heat the oven to 400° farenheit (200° Celsius).
- Microwave all of the butter in the small bowl/plate until it’s a spreadable, pasty consistency. (like 20 seconds)
- Break up your marijuana, either by hand, or by grinder if you have one. Add it to the butter, and mix it in well, letting its THC saturate into the butter.
- Put all your other ingredients in the mixing bowl and mix the cannabutter in until the space cake batter has as little clumps as possible. As with all batter, if it’s too soggy/sloppy, add flour; if it’s too dry/powdery, add milk.
- Spray your cake pan (or add oil, or equivalent), and pour the contents of the mixing bowl into it.
- When the oven reads 400° (200°C), pop the pan in the center rack.
- Do something for 25 minutes (enough time for a smoke).
- Check if the space cake’s done by sticking the toothpick in it. It should come out clean; if it has anything that resembles liquid or batter on it, keep it in and check periodically until that doesn’t happen.
- Take out your space cake & pan from the oven and let it sit for half an hour before you remove the pan and start adding toppings.
Hemp Crunch Chocolate € 2.95
Ganja Rocks € 3.25
Hemp Lollies € 3.95
Rasta Lollies € 3.95
Coca Candy (12 pcs) € 2.75
Organic Hemp Sesame Bar (3 pcs) € 3.95
Hemp Tea Lemon € 6.75
Hemp Tea Rooibos € 6.75
Hemp Tea Melissa € 6.75
Hemp Seed Oil € 20.00
Cannabis Dextrose Sweets € 1.75
Organic Cold-Pressed Hemp Oil (100 ml) € 6.95