How To Make A Cannabis-Infused Massage Oil
A massage can be an excellent way to set the mood with your partner, so help them unwind even more with this cannabis-infused massage oil.
Everyone loves a nice soothing massage, right? With Valentine’s Day on the way, there is no better opportunity to bust out the oils and woo your significant other with your fancy handwork and relaxation inducing skills. If you fancy taking things to the next level, consider using a cannabis infused massage oil. Although it is extremely unlikely to get anyone high, the cannabis interacts with the skin in a way that induces muscle relaxation and heightening physical sensations – perfect for a sensual rub down.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
When applied topically to the skin, cannabis takes a long time to be absorbed and enter the bloodstream. It does it at such a slow rate, the body can metabolise it without it actually having a psychoactive effect. As such, the only sensations felt are directly where it is applied – most often in the form of eased tension and a higher sensitivity to touch, resulting in a much more enjoyable massage.
HOW TO MAKE CANNABIS INFUSED MASSAGE OIL
7g of cannabis trim, finely ground
¼ Cup of carrier oil (olive, coconut, or sweet almond oil)
7 drops of lavender essential oil
7 drops of bergamot essential oil
7 drops of rosemary essential oil
Heat proof glass bowl
A sterile dark coloured glass bottle
1. Fill your saucepan with water to 1/4 capacity.
2. Bring the water to a simmer over a medium heat and place your bowl on top of the pan to create a DIY double boiler.
3. Pour your oil into the bowl then add in your ground cannabis trim. Stir it all up. Allow the mix to cook for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally.
4. Once the time has passed, allow the oil to cool for a while, then strain the oil through the cheesecloth and sieve, into your bottle. This will remove all plant matter from the mix. Use a funnel to help direct the liquid if you find this tricky.
5. Squeeze out any remaining oil from the cheese cloth into the bottle.
6. You should now have a bottle of cannabis-infused carrier oil. Allow the oil to cool completely. Now add in the drops of your essential oil, and swirl the oil so it all mixes together.
7. Seal the bottle and allow to age for 24 hours. This will help meld all of the aromas of the oils together.
Your cannabis infused massage oil is ready to use! Using it is a great way to help someone unwind after a hard day, or help set the mood with your partner.
Written by: Josh
|Find out about our writers|