How To Make The Ultimate Kratom Tea
Kratom is an ever popular herbal remedy that is thought to have both energising and relaxing effects - depending on the strain you get. In its powdered form, kratom is an extremely versatile product, and can be used in many ways. One of the most soothing and enjoyable is to make it into a tea, so here is how to go about it.
A FEW QUICK NOTES
Firstly we want to say, unlike many other plant based alkaloids, the alkaloids within kratom – namely Mitragynine – are stable at high temperatures. This means there is very minimal risk of losing any potency when exposed to hot water. None the less, we recommend only bringing your water to a simmer for this recipe, not a full boil.
Also, we highly recommend adding in the juice of one whole lemon into your drink. Not only does this taste great, but the acidic element of the juice will help protect kratom’s alkaloids further.
The amount of kratom you use will largely depend on the required effect. As kratom can affect everyone differently, you will have to work out the best dose for you over time. However, the following acts as a great starting point:
1 gram: A very mild effect
3 grams: A reasonable effect
5 grams: A normal dose for the average user
10 grams: A very strong effect
11+ grams: Extremely strong – only experienced users should venture here
MAKING KRATOM TEA
Making a kratom tea is actually quite simple. To do it, you will need the following:
A small saucepan with pouring spout
A strainer, or coffee filter paper
Optional: honey, sugar, cinnamon, or anything else you want to flavour it with.
1. Pour 1½ cups of water into a saucepan and squeeze in the juice of your lemon.
2. Bring the water to a simmer, and then add in your pre-defined measure of kratom powder.
3. Stir it all up and allow the water to continue to simmer for a further 15 minutes.
4. Take your saucepan off its heat source.
5. Place your strainer over your mug, and slowly pour through the kratom tea. This should collect any residual powder to ensure your tea is clear and sediment free.
6. Add anything else into the tea that you want to adjust the flavour with.
Note: you can keep the powder collected in the strainer for reuse. It will create a weaker, but still useable tea. If not, you can throw it away.
There you go! If you enjoy the effects of kratom, then infusing them into a tea is a great way to dose yourself up. It is an extremely easy yet flexible way to ensure you get all the benefits of this herbal remedy, mixed with a great taste and aroma.