How To Make Cannabis Cupcakes
Those of you lucky enough to live with someone who regularly bakes desserts probably know the culinary delights that well-made cakes can bring. Even the most seemingly simplest of cakes can impart gourmet pleasure when done right. Take the humble cupcake for example. What seems like a simple and almost juvenile cake can be made into one of the tastiest desserts around. In fact, it is their simplicity, and the blank slate they offer bakers to unleash their creativity upon that truly allows such a modest dessert to really excel.
This open-ended promise is where cannabis comes into the mix. Those bakers who are also marijuana inclined can have a field day with cupcakes, weaving it into their recipes to create cakes that not only please the palate, but also induce a comfortable, relaxing high. Perfect for sharing with friends!
To get you started on your journey to cupcake supremacy, here is a particularly tasty recipe we are fond of – Red Jenny Cannabis Cup Cakes:
115g of cannabis infused butter (learn how to make your own right here)
160g of all-purpose flour
115g of sour cream
225g of sugar
2 large eggs
3 Tbsp. of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tsp. of baking powder
1 Tsp. of vanilla extract
2 Tsp. of red food colouring (or green, if you prefer a cannabis themed colour!)
1 Tsp. of white vinegar
½ Tsp. of salt
White frosting or buttercream icing for the topping
Any other decoration you want!
1. Preheat your oven to 170°C/gas mark 3/325°F, and line a muffin tin with cupcake cases.
2. Take a large mixing bowl and using a sieve, sift your flour, salt, baking powder and coca power into it.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the sugar and butter together, beating them until they have creamed into a fluffy, soft, pale mixture, (an electric whisk can be good for this). Once this consistency is reached, mix in you food colouring and vanilla essence until the entire mixture is the colour of the dye.
4. Whilst still beating, add in one spoonful of your flour mixture, followed by one of the eggs. Continue mixing and add in another spoonful of the flour mix, followed by the last egg. Lastly, add in the rest of the flour mix and beat everything together until you have an even consistency.
5. To finish off, mix in the sour cream and white vinegar. Once again, beat it all together until you reach a smooth, even consistency.
6. Spoon equal amounts of your now finished cake batter into each of your paper cupcake cases, then bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
7. Once out of the oven, take each cupcake and place them on a wire rack, leaving them to cool. Do not frost them until they are completely cold.
8. Once cold, take your frosting of choice, and other decorations, and finish off your cakes!
You should now have some extremely tasty cannabis infused cupcakes to share with friends! Just make sure they know there is cannabis in them before handing them out!