Cooking with Weed: How To Make Cannabis Bread
Whether used for a sandwich, a slice of toast or as part of a larger meal, bread is an everyday sight that many of us love. Well, now you can spice things up a bit with your very own homemade cannabis infused bread. We have a recipe for both savory bread, and a cannabis infused fruit loaf.
- 3 tbsp of cannabis infused butter (you can find out how to make cannabis butter here)
- Finley ground marijuana for taste (decarboxylate first)
- 1 ½ cups of water
- 2 tsp of active dry yeast
- 1 ½ tsp of salt
- ¼ cup of dry fat free milk
- 4 cups of bread/all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp of sugar
1. Start by activating your yeast. To do this, place the yeast in 1 ½ cups of warm water with 1/8 of a tsp of sugar. Leave it for 10 minutes and you should begin to see the yeast creating bubbles.
2. Place your sugar, salt, ground marijuana, dry milk, and flour into a mixing bowl. Be sure not to use too much weed, or make up for it with the amount of cannabutter you use. A good dose is a total of 0.5g bud per person.
3. Mix it all together using your hands – this will ensure the mixture remains light and airy.
4. Make a hole in the centre of the mixture, and pour in your yeasty water.
5. Mix it all together again, still using your hands. You need to kneed the dough for around 15 minutes to get it all mixed properly.
6. You should end up with a smooth ball of dough. If it is too wet, then you can try adding a little bit more flour. If it is too firm, you can slowly add more water.
8. If you feel you have the correct consistency, place your dough back in the mixing bowl, and cover it with plastic wrap.
9. Leave the bowl in a warm place, this will allow the yeast to do its job and cause the dough to rise. It should about double in size (so make sure to use a big bowl!)
10. Now place your dough in a greased bread pan, or break it up into smaller pieces to make rolls/buns.
11. Spread you cannabis butter over the top of the dough.
12. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius, and cook your bread for 30 minutes – until the top is a nice crispy golden brown.
Cannabis Fruit Bread
- ½ cup of cannabis butter
- Finely ground marijuana (decarboxylate first)
- Fruit (such as 3 ripe bananas)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of full fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 tsp of baking soda
1. Beat together the cannabis butter, eggs, milk and sugar in a bowl.
2. Once properly mixed, add in the finely ground marijuana, baking soda, and vanilla essence.
3. Continue to beat the mixture whilst slowly adding in your flour.
4. Add in your fruit, and continue to beat the mixture until the fruit is evenly spread throughout.
5. Place the mixture into a greased bread pan.
6. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and bake the loaf for one hour.
There you have it! Two very easy to achieve cannabis bread recipes. Whether you are in the market for some pot bread for a sandwich, or a nice cannabis based fruit loaf as an after dinner snack, the above should have you covered. Feel free to experiment with the recipe once you are confident in your ability – cooking with pot is an extremely versatile experience that allows for a lot of creativity!
Got a favorite cannabis bread recipe of your own? Share it with us in the comments below!