Recipe: How to Make Cannabis-Infused Granola
Cannabis isn’t just about recreational use. For many people it is an essential lifeline and medication. Including it as part of your breakfast can make for a tasty, convenient and healthy way to start your day.
When it comes to using medical marijuana on a daily basis, many a patient will look to edibles. This is because, although they take a bit longer to kick in, eating cannabis is much more powerful and longer lasting than when cannabis is smoked or vaporised.
The following is a recipe to making your own tasty, healthy and nourishing cannabis infused granola – great for starting your day or eating as a healthy snack!
You will need:
Cannabis oil (2 measurements of your usual dose)
40 grams of soaked almonds
25 grams of soaked walnuts
35 grams of sunflower seeds
4 fresh dates
¼ tsp of cinnamon
A pinch of salt
1. Using a food processor, blend the nuts and seeds until they are thickly cut.
2. Add in the dates and blend further until it has the consistency of a paste.
3. Put the mixture into a large bowl and add in the cannabis oil, cinnamon and salt. Mix everything together thoroughly.
4. Take an oven tray/dish and line it with grease proof paper.
5. Put your granola mixture into the oven dish and spread it thinly.
6. Next the mixture is put into the oven to dehydrate. For best results, set your oven to 45 degrees Celsius and leave the mixture to dry for 10-12 hours. If you are in a rush, you can set your oven at 120 degrees Celsius and leave the granola to bake for 20 minutes. You will know when it is done when it is golden brown.
7. Take the granola out of the oven and allow it to cool and solidify.
That’s it! You know have a tasty cannabis infused snack, ready to eat with your morning breakfast or with a bit of yogurt. Happy baking!