Recipe: THC-Pills Made Easy
Fancy making some homemade marijuana capsules? Here is our recipe how!
When you are out and about, smoking your marijuana isn’t always the most practical thing to do. When there is a need for discretion, or quick and easy dosing, lighting up just doesn’t cut it. Even eating an edible can be time consuming, or unappealing if you are not hungry. This is where homemade THC pills come into their own. They are discreet, quick to take, and make it easy to control dose. Simply pop one in your mouth, swallow with water, and hey presto, you are done – without causing any suspicion.
What makes THC pills even better is that that are really simple to make at home, so here is our quick guide to doing it.
Note: Do not confuse these homemade THC pills with cannabis synthetics, they are nothing alike. This recipe uses real cannabis, and is no different in nature than any other cannabis infused food.
6 grams of marijuana (bud or trim)
¼ cup of virgin coconut oil/olive oil
Pill capsules (available from our shop)
A baking tray
A small crockpot (5l)
A plastic tub
A small spoon
Optional: capsule filling machine - costing roughly €22, these handy little devices are a worthy investment if you plan to do this a lot, (available from the Zamnesia shop)
Note: Cannabis bud is going to create pills that are much more potent than trim, but this can be a great way to use trim that may have otherwise been thrown away. It is also worth remembering that consuming cannabis often results in a much stronger experience than if the same cannabis was smoked.
1. The first step is to decarboxylate your raw cannabis, this will ensure that the THC within it is active. To do this, first take your baking tray and place some aluminium foil over it.
2. Preheat your oven to 110 degrees Celsius.
3. Break up you cannabis so that it is in loose, manageable chunks.
4. Spread out your cannabis chunks across the aluminium foil.
5. Place the cannabis in your oven for 1 hour.
Warning: Decarboxylation is an EXTREMELY smelly process, and will make your kitchen reek of cannabis for the duration.
6. Whilst your cannabis is cooking, plug in your crockpot to get it heating.
7. Pour your oil into the crockpot.
8. Once your cannabis is finished cooking, let it cool down, then grind it into a fine powder.
9. Add your ground cannabis to your crockpot and stir.
10. Allow it to cook for at least 3 hours, but preferably overnight. Stir it every now and again, although this is not essential for the overnight phase. Once done, let it cool down.
11. Set up your capsule filling machine according to its instructions – whilst you can fill each capsule manually by hand, this machine will save you a lot of time and frustration (plus, they are pretty cheap!).
12. Take your cheese cloth, and using your rubber band, secure it over the top of your plastic pot.
13. Using a small spoon, slowly shovel your cannabis mixture onto the top of the cheese cloth. The cannabis infused oil should begin to drip through the cheese cloth and into the pot, leaving most of the larger cannabis pieces behind. Do this until you have emptied the entire crock pot onto the cheese cloth.
14. Carefully untie the cheesecloth without letting it fall into the oil below. Bundle up the cloth, and give the cannabis inside a squeeze to press out any remaining oil into the pot. Don’t worry if any plant material makes it into the oil pot, they only reason you want to separate most of it is so that it doesn’t clog the syringe, it won’t affect the end result.
16. Now take your syringe and use it to carefully suck up the cannabis infused oil in your pot, and gently fill the capsule halves you have put in your capsule filling machine. If your syringe becomes blocked, forcefully empty it back into your cannabis oil pot and start again.
Note: if you don’t have a capsule filling machine, you will need to manually hold and fill, and close each cap, one by one. This can be very tricky, put is not impossible.
17. When done, close the capsules in accordance with the capsule filling machine’s instructions. You should hear a satisfying ‘snap’ sound, letting you know the capsules have successfully pieced together.
18. Placed your finished caps into a container, and put it into your fridge until you want to use them. The oil inside may solidify, but don’t worry about this, they are still perfectly fine to consume this way – your stomach will still digest them.
Job done! Although it is a lengthy process, it is extremely easy to do, and the materials required are fairly inexpensive to purchase. Once you have all the equipment, you can continue to make more at very minimal cost – giving you an easy and efficient way to create a potent and discreet method of dosing yourself when on the go or in public. Enjoy!