How to Make a Cannabis Milkshake
If you make cannabis milk, you will have a versatile base for many great edibles. You can use cannabis milk for countless recipes that use milk, from pancakes and breakfast cereal to cookies and tasty shakes. Here in this article we show you how you can easily make cannabis milk along with a recipe for awesome cannabis milkshakes. They will be just the right thing for summer!
What makes milk in particular suited for edibles is how the fat in milk binds well with THC. Because of this, we use whole milk in our cannabis milk recipe. If you need to watch your calories or want to make vegan cannabis milk, you should not use skim milk as an alternative. The best here is if you use almond milk, which you can get at any well-sorted grocer.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE CANNABIS MILK
- 3-5g of cannabis
- Fine strainer
- 250ml of whole milk (non-vegan) or almond milk (vegan)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANNABIS MILK
1. With your grinder, grind up your weed as fine as you can. It will depend on the strength of your weed, but anywhere from 3-5g will be good. The finer you grind up your weed, the more cannabinoids can be extracted from it.
2. Pour the milk in a saucepan at medium heat. Heat the milk until it starts to simmer slightly.
3. Turn the heat down and slowly pour in your finely ground marijuana. Stir while you do this.
4. Have the milk with your cannabis simmer on low heat for about 60 minutes. Stir occasionally.
5. After 60 minutes, take the saucepan from your stove and allow the mix to cool. Strain the milk with a fine strainer to filter out the weed.
6. You can now pour the cannabis milk into a container and store it in your fridge.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANNABIS MILKSHAKE
You already made cannabis milk, so making tasty cannabis milkshakes will be very simple.
1. Crush a handful of ice cubes into your blender. The ice cubes will make your shake icy and frosty. If you want a very smooth and silky shake you can skip the ice cubes.
2. Add several scoops of ice cream into your blender. We recommend that you use high quality ice cream: Vanilla always works well. If you want to experiment a bit you can use frozen yoghurt or sorbet instead.
3. Now, pour and mix-in some amount of cannabis milk. Run the blender for a second or two. You can add more milk if you find that the shake is too thick or add more ice cream if you think it is too thin.
4. Now comes the good part: Add in anything to taste to the mix in your blender. This could be anything from frozen fruit like strawberries or banana to chocolate syrup, peanut butter, candy bars, crackers and cookies or Nutella…
5. Blend the mix for several seconds.
6. To serve, pour the cannabis milkshake in large drinking glasses that you chilled in the fridge. You can top the milkshakes with some whipped cream or cracker crumbs. Serve with large straws.
Written by: Georg
|Find out about our writers|