How To Make Cannabis Chai Tea
Ever thought about making a cannabis based drink? Doesn’t really work to well, huh? That is because THC is not very soluble in water - it requires fats in order to dissolve and bond properly. Alcohol, butter, coconut oil or milk are ideal for that, plus they taste good.
So, how do you do it? To make sure it‘s a tasty and potent brew, we came up with a recipe that can be used to make both regular black, and cannabis chai tea.
This is a fairly simple process. To do this you will need:
- around ½ gram of marijuana
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 regular teabag or 2 chai tea bags
- milk and sugar as you desire
Note: Vegans can use coconut oil instead of butter. If you do not want to use cows milk, then soy, rice, almond or coconut milk can be used instead.
1. The first step is to grind up the weed as finely as you possibly can. This will allow for as much surface area as possible and allow an optimal amount of THC to be brewed into the mix. A good tool to use for this is a mortar and pestle.
2. Add 3 cups of water into a small cooking pot and bring it to boil on a stove.
3. Add in 2 tablespoons of butter.
4. Once the butter has melted, add in the ground up marijuana. If you are making chai tea, then also open the tea bags and add them in.
5. Stir the boiling mixture every few minutes, making sure that the cannabis does not stick to the side of the pot, keep stirring it back in. During this time, THC will begin to leave the cannabis and enter the brew. Because THC is not soluble in water, it will bond with the fatty oils of the butter. This process needs to continue for at least 30 minutes to be really effective. The longer you leave it the more THC that is going to be extracted. Make sure that all the water does not boil away. If it is getting too low, then top it up with a kettle.
6. Now that you have properly boiled your marijuana, there should be no THC left in it. It should all now be bonded with the butter. As a result you can strain your tea into a cup, taking all of the plant mater out of the liquid.
At this point you can add a normal black tea bag, if you chose to do so, and anything else you may need, such as milk or sweeteners.