When taking any kind of psychoactive substances, you should attach extra care and attention to the proper dosage. The effects of overdose, though usually not life threatening in the case of psilocybe mushrooms, are obviously undesirable, unpleasant and possibly dangerous. However, too low a dose is also not a solution. Apart from the uncomfortable feeling that it might cause, it also increase the risk of taking too much the next time - not to mention the waste of shrooms...
You have to remember, that there is no “one size fits all” answer to the question of the right dose. What sets one person on a path of pleasant mind exploration, can send someone else beyond the orbit. For each strain of mushrooms you will have to find your own amount, depending on the experience, tolerance and set & setting. Physical aspects, such as weight, gender, stomach content and whether you take any medications, should be taken into consideration as well.
Much depends on the intent too – whether you are seeking a life-changing experience, or a pleasant social trip. Smaller doses are generally safer and usually keep you close enough to reality to communicate with other people and go out. In order to exploit the full psychedelic potential of magic mushrooms, you might want to take a higher dose. While planning to travel to the other side of the mirror, you should take some precautionary measures and do it in a safe environment, possibly with a trip sitter.
If you are new to magic mushrooms, we recommend starting with one of the mild varieties, such as Psilocybe mexicana. Depending on your experience it is also probably not a good idea to eat the whole package (15 g) at once. Experimenting with Psilocybe hollandia, you should not exceed half of it.
Summing it all up, “Know your Body – Know your Mind – Know your Substance – Know your Source”.